Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Sunday, November 11, 2012
I was able to bake the bracers and backpack out today with results I am much happier about than last time. What I found out was that baking to the final low poly mesh doesn’t always give the best results. I was getting way too much stretching in the bake that it was bothersome. So I gave the low poly a few more loops to retop the mesh and re-uv again. Baked and voila!
Now that I’ve got a process figured out I should be able to get the spaulders and goggles done fairly quickly.
Friday, November 9, 2012
A bit more work done on the backpack. I’m starting to figure out what plant life he will have in his pack and continue on that tomorrow. Hopefully finish sclupting, uv and bake it out tomorrow as well. As for the bracers I figured out how to do the point light map, but nothing to show on that. Didn’t like what was getting so I’ll be fixing that tomorrow as well.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Didn’t have much time to work today, but I was able to get a bit more work done on the backpack so here it is.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Another update! Decided not to uv the bracers yet and instead took them into zbrush today. Also took the backpack into Zbrush but didn’t get very far with that yet. I need a fresh pair of eyes so I’ll break for the night and start again in the morning.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
A small update tonight. Fleshed out the bracer a little more and redid the backpack. A bit more to go with the backpack and then to make some crazy goggles for this guy tomorrow.
Also Nick, Eric, and I started a post on polycount. You can check it out here.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Today marks the start of our Dota 2 Polycount entry. By our I mean Nick (Texturing), Eric(Concept), and myself(Modeling). We decided to do an armor set for the sniper making him more of an alchemist sniper.
So I started blocking in the bracer, shoulder pads, and the backpack today. More to come tomorrow.
Here’s a higher res shot.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Anonymous asked: Hi! I plan to make an environment inspired by Borderlands. I have gotten the edge detection post process to work in the UDK but I have a problem. The edges on objects don't go all the way down to the ground. I'm wondering what method(s) you're using on your project and if you've had the same problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Actually I have/had the same problem. After much frustration I looked at borderlands a little closer and it doesn’t look like the edges in game go all the way to the ground. I believe the way the textures are painting gives the appearance that some of those “borders” are going to the ground.
Other than that depending on the scale and size of everything the settings will need to be tweaked per scene. I find myself playing with the max and min distances as well as the Depth Exclusion Distance. The Intensity and contrast play a role when trying to rid your scene of large blackened areas.
If there’s anything else let me know and I’ll see what I can do!
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Sorry again for the lack of updates. Job keeps getting in the way. I know it’s not an excuse, but when I’m there 40 plus hours a week it does get in the way a bit.
Anywho, here’s an update. I’ve changed it to a night scene closer to what the original concept was. I’m not happy with the lighting but that’s for later. I’ve gotten the sign in there as well as some lamp posts and some random odds and ends.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Hello everyone! I’ve got an update on the project. Sorry things are still going slowly.
Anywho, I have some rocks in the scene finally! I also painted some ground textures so that the ground doesn’t look so blah. A few more variations in rocks to go and when those are done I will start on misc things for the scene, like the trailer or that couch or maybe I’ll get the sign going.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
I made rocks! Don’t know if I really like these or not so I will make more and decide then.
Friday, August 31, 2012
Not much to say really but Progress has been made! I suppose it doesn’t look like much, but I have moved forward a bit. I had to re-uv the railings, stairs, and platforms because there just wasn’t enough texture res so that set me back a little. Other than that it’s going well.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Well I must start out by apologizing for such a long break. There are no excuses I just had a hard time getting back into a groove after I graduated. I am still working on my borderlands inspired project and I will finish this piece.
Here is a screen grab from UDK. I have the majority of this scene blocked out and I have a few textures and models started. Also that couch is not going to stay. I am starting that over, again. Still have quite a bit of work to do.
Today was finally a work day for my borderlands project. I was able to figure out (for the most part) the building which means I can move on to the actual modeling. Need to do a little more research on the style.
Here I come Google!
I arrived back home from vacation last week Thursday and fixed up a few shots I took while on vacation. The first 4 are from Acadia National Park in Maine and the star trails are from the Catskill mountains in New York State. Maine was absolutely beautiful and I would love to live there hands down and New York was quite nice too.