I was able to bake the bracers and backpack out today with results I am much happier about than last time. What I found out was that baking to the final low poly mesh doesn’t always give the best results. I was getting way too much stretching in the bake that it was bothersome. So I gave the low poly a few more loops to retop the mesh and re-uv again. Baked and voila!
Now that I’ve got a process figured out I should be able to get the spaulders and goggles done fairly quickly.
Another update! Decided not to uv the bracers yet and instead took them into zbrush today. Also took the backpack into Zbrush but didn’t get very far with that yet. I need a fresh pair of eyes so I’ll break for the night and start again in the morning.
Today marks the start of our Dota 2 Polycount entry. By our I mean Nick (Texturing), Eric(Concept), and myself(Modeling). We decided to do an armor set for the sniper making him more of an alchemist sniper.
So I started blocking in the bracer, shoulder pads, and the backpack today. More to come tomorrow.